Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Note on Mistake

Note on Mistake 3 years 1 month ago #11241

• RhodaRose
  • Thank you received: 71
Don't know if this means anything - just an observation - just bringing it to your attention:

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

This verse was miss-understood or miss-translated in Matthew but correctly in Mark 11, Luke 19 and John 12

By two or three witnesses makes the verses in Matthew false with an ass and a colt being mentioned.

Matthew 21:
2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.
5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
7 And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by RhodaRose. Reason: spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Note on Mistake 3 years 4 weeks ago #11278

• Rodin
  • Thank you received: 128
Good point!

Now is that two RELIABLE HONEST and ORIGINAL witnesses or just two witnesses?

It kind of makes more sense for there to be two animals. How would you fit all their clothes and Yehshua on ONE ?

Mat 21:7
7 And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.

The colt would be the "baby", and most likely be with the older she-ass.

It could be said that Mark, John are simply omitting the details of the she-ass. They do not say ONLY a colt - it's possible that another animal could have been brought with the colt (as was the case in Matthew).

Now in Luke:
See:
Luke 1:3
It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

Note: I do not agree with "perfect understanding" - he may have had a very good understanding but not perfect.

Luke was probably just working off some of the writings or sayings of Mark/John for this part. I do not consider Luke to be an original witness.
The administrator has disabled public write access.