Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yahshua's Temptations

Yahshua's Temptations 3 years 3 months ago #10409

• RhodaRose
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi All,

Somewhere -help me out if you know where- it says -either Yahshua talking or about Him (?) that he has been temped in much the same ways as us ... this always caused me to wonder "how can that be ..." to name a few women/adultery, lying, cheating, murder and so many more ...
But IF He came through the line of Adam/Joshua/David/Yahshua (maybe others in-between -but they couldn't have been living during the same time ...

Adam had his faults ...
Joshua had his faults ...
David was a "window peeker" which lead to adulterey and when she got pregnant he had her husband murdered during war ... but still was called "the apple of God's Eye" ...
and Yahshua was Perfect in all ways ...

Get where I am going with this? If His spirit?/soul? went through (lived in) these other bodies then He was temped in many ways such as us - and failed in many in His other lifetimes ... through it all He was perfected (possibly by learning by His mistakes during past lives ... ? )

You know how one thought can lead to others and so we have this thread ... :unsure:

Input very much appreciated !!

Rhoda

PS
The thing Yahshua said (paraphrasing) No one can go up to heaven but one who came down ... (is that right?)
Seems to want to fit in here somewhere ...
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by RhodaRose. Reason: added PS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yahshua's Temptations 3 years 3 months ago #10413

• Rodin
  • Thank you received: 128
Hi Rhoda,

What we have in the gospels is an abbreviated (but important) summary of events in Yeshua's life.

Take a look for example at this text from the Gospel of the Holy Twelve (see vs 4) - we are not 100% certain whether this is an insertion or not, but for me it does point to the fact that Yeshua was tempted in more ways than are described in the Gospels alone...

1 THEN was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the Devil. And the wild beasts of the desert were around him, and became subject unto him. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights he was afterwards an hungered.
2. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread, for it is written, I will feed thee with the finest of wheat and with honey, out of the rock will I satisfy thee.
3. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God.
4. Then the Devil placeth before him a woman, of exceeding beauty and comeliness and of subtle wit, and a ready understanding withal, and he said unto him. Take her as thou wilt, for her desire is unto thee, and thou shalt have love and happiness and comfort all thy life, and see thy children's children, yea is it not written, It is not good for man that he should be alone?
5. And Jesu-Maria said, Get thee behind me, for it is written, Be not led away by the beauty of woman, yea, all flesh is as grass and the flower of the field; the grass withereth and the flower fadeth away, but the Word of the Eternal endureth for ever. My work is to teach and to heal the children of men, and he that is born of God keepeth his seed within him.

Yahshua's Temptations 3 years 3 months ago #10414

• RhodaRose
Hi Rodin,

This "he that is born of God keepeth his seed within him" goes against His "be fruitful and multiply" of His Torah so I am not too sure of that temptation in that gospel ... sounds like that is where the Catholic's got their idea of abstinence and not to marry.

I don't read the obscure gospels so much other than I have studied the Book of Enoch.

Thank You for your input, Rhoda

Yahshua's Temptations 3 years 3 months ago #10420

• Rodin
his "he that is born of God keepeth his seed within him" goes against His "be fruitful and multiply" of His Torah so I am not too sure of that temptation in that gospel ... sounds like that is where the Catholic's got their idea of abstinence and not to marry.

Rhoda,

The phrase "he that is born of God keepeth his seed within him" talks about sexual purity, and is very much in line with Proverbs 5:15-17

…15Drink water from your own cistern And fresh water from your own well. 16Should your springs be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets? 17Let them be yours alone

Yahshua's Temptations 3 years 3 months ago #10422

• RhodaRose
Rodin wrote:

The phrase "he that is born of God keepeth his seed within him" talks about sexual purity, and is very much in line with Proverbs 5:15-17

…15Drink water from your own cistern And fresh water from your own well. 16Should your springs be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets? 17Let them be yours alone

I don't see that Proverb talking about sexual purity at all... it starts out:

"My son, attend unto My Wisdom, and bow thine ear to My understanding... "

which seems to speak of His Holy Spirit and our First Love ... goes on to say stay with His Wisdom and your First Love and drink of Her Waters... do not go off with a stranger, other wisdom and drink of her waters...

Your verse: Drink from your own Waters from your own Well so if you go and speak of the Wisdom you learnt out in the world let it be yours alone and not watered down wisdom from a strange woman... another love full of falsehood...

It goes on to say:

"18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth."

Only the Water -that will bubble up and overflow- from His Spirit, His Wisdom, is Blessed so rejoice with your First Love -be will and speak of Her Only...

Not speaking of sexuality at all... but of what Woman/woman's Spirit/spirit you drink Water/water from and learn your Wisdom/wisdom...

So, these verses have nothing to do with what we were speaking of:

"he that is born of God keepeth his seed within him" goes against His "be fruitful and multiply" of His Torah"

Unless, ""he that is born of God keepeth his seed within him" ... if this "seed" is His Word within us and those born of Him have only His Word in themselves ... ?
But this doesn't really address the temptation given to Yahshua... ?

I still feel that YHWH had His Hand into putting our Bible together with what He wanted us to Know and didn't want us to "muddy the waters" -His Water - with the confusion of bring more into it ... the works looking as if they may of come from eye-witness Disciples/Apostles or just the books of man and their opinions ... not that these can't "get you thinking' or bring a thought to mind -but then, too, must be searched out in His Word, our Bible ... only my opinion...

John ends his Gospel with this in Chapter 21:

24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

John, who we know is True, wrote "these things" which is enough "things" to Know His Truth and His Way of Life ... again, only my opinion...

Rhoda

Yahshua's Temptations 3 years 3 months ago #10423

• Rodin
Hi Rhoda,

Certainly there are many levels to scripture.

Proverbs 5 is definitely also referring to sexual purity.

See for example :

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Pro...5%3A18&version=VOICE