Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The mark of the beast

The mark of the beast 1 week 4 days ago #13145

• Cornelius
  • Thank you received: 21
We all know the famous “mark of the beast” - a mark of sorts that will be put on the right hand or forehead of followers of the beast. We also know well the threat that those who refuse the mark will be imprisoned, tortured and beheaded. Whatever form this mark eventually takes on is still somewhat uncertain although many suggestions abound.

What has fascinated me throughout the years though is WHY the hand and forehead? Why not any other part of the body? What is it in the hand and forehead that interest the dark side so much? I have seen (and read) many suggestions and “explanations” as to why these two body parts are the most “practical” places to put a mark but I must admit that none of these have ever quite appealed to me. The hand is one thing - and quite convenient when someone needs to use a scanning device at a shop’s checkout point. But the forehead? How can that be practical? Is practicality the issue or does it go deeper?

It was only recently that I experienced a “light bulb” moment and I want to tell you why I think the dark side is so fascinated with these two specific body areas. It has nothing to do with practicality but more with the evil one’s obsession with counterfeiting everything God does, say or stand for.

The answer to this “mark” and the signifance of its position come from the book of Deuteronomy. There God (through Moses) warns the Israelites to obey and keep his commandments. Part of this instruction is known today in the Hebrew community as the Shema (pronounced “Shmah” - I understand the “e” is silent) - a most holy prayer which is one of the first things children were taught. The Shema consists of two pieces of Deuteronomy which are strung together i.e. Deut. 6:4-9 followed by Deut 11:13-21.

And here lies the secret.

In the first part (which includes the Great Commandment) we are instructed:
Deut. 6:6-9
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Did you see that? “You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.” God is telling the people that the works of their hands must always be to the glory of God and His word forever on their minds - “between your eyes”. This is so important that it is repeated in the second part.

Deut. 11:18
18 “Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

This instruction is so important, it is repeated twice! Therefore the reason the dark one is so specific over where the “mark” must be is because he is counterfeiting God’s instruction. If the work of your hands and God’s Word continuously on your mind is what drives a follower of God, then another mark, obviously in the same places, must openly show someone whose allegiance lies with the evil one on the opposite side of the scale.

Any comments?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The mark of the beast 1 day 10 hours ago #13146

• bblreader
  • Thank you received: 2
Interesting, and you may have a case with this. Still, the condemnation which would come will be for some decisive act being done with the reception of the mark. It would amount to total rejection of Yahweh's ways and submitting with full devotion to the one from Satan described as the beast. With the reception of it is the ongoing ability granted to still take part in buying and selling in what there will be of civilization then. Any alternative would have to be separate from civilization then.
Last Edit: 1 day 10 hours ago by bblreader.
The administrator has disabled public write access.