Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is the Holy Spirit female?

Is the Holy Spirit female? 2 years 5 months ago #12560

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I've seen people claim that the Holy Spirit is female... Is this true?

I've seen arguments for and against the Holy Spirit being male or female or both or neither...

Yes, the Hebrew word ruach is feminine, so is nephesh(living creature), and the word for cattle... The last two having male and female in their kinds...

The Hebrew words for day and night are both masculine, but that doesn't mean they are male in gender...

As it stands, I'm going with what these articles say about it.
They explain a little about how the language is used:

catholicexchange.com/is-the-holy-spirit-male-or-female

www.therefinersfire.org/ruach_hakodesh.htm

If anyone has something to help with explaining/shining some light on this, please do
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is the Holy Spirit female? 2 years 5 months ago #12561

• sheraldo
  • Thank you received: 62
Hi Christophoros,

Hope your new way of eating is going well for you!

My personal belief is that the Holy Spirit (HS) is feminine (not female) and I choose to use the pronoun 'she' to refer to the HS. I came to the conclusion reading Genesis.....

I first saw the Ruach (feminine) when I was reading Genesis 1 from BibleHub using the Hebrew translation and saw the word Ruach for the Spirit of God...It just started clicking for me....Going on in Genesis 1 to verse 26, it said "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness..."

It goes on to say, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God, he created him, male and female, he created them. So for me, it is not a stretch to believe since we are created male and female in their image that they are not somehow masculine and feminine....certainly God is spirit, so I think masculine and feminine is a better adjective to use.

In Genesis 2:23 it says, "The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman' for she was taken out of man." How I see it since we are created in their image, is that just as the woman was taken out of man, so the feminine Spirit of God (Mother) came out of God (Father).

Then, reading on in Genesis 2:24 it said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." Leave his father and mother? Had Adam and Eve even procreated yet? There is the Father and the Mother...in the beginning.

For me, going on and reading Proverbs 8 confirmed it....Read the whole thing and read it out loud...it is beautiful. It says in Proverbs 8:22: The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began." I see her right there in Genesis 1:2 with the Father: "And the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters" (in anticipation of the birth of the world)

In Proverbs 8:35 it says, "For whoever finds me finds life"....I believe she is the life giving spirit.

In Proverbs 8:27 "I was there wheeen he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, when he gave the sea it's boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth. Then I was the craftsman at his side, I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind."

There she is the perfect helper....just as Adam needed a suitable helpmate, Adam and Eve were created in their image.

Then in the New Testament, in John 14:18, he says "I will not leave you as orphans." The way I see it is that is true! He sends us the Holy Spirit. Our Mother. We have a Heavenly Father and Mother. We are not orphans. We are not the children of a single parent :)

If you read the qualities of the Holy Spirit in John, they beautifully describe the attributes of a wife and mother.

In John 16, Jesus says, "Unless I go away, the Counsler will not come to you; but if i go, I will send him (Her) to you." I think Jesus had to die in order for the Holy Spirit to be released. I think possibly she was in safekeeping as described in Revelation 12:6: "The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1260 days." To me, that helps explain Matthew 20:28. "just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life-- a RANSOM for many."

I have got to run...I just grabbed the closest bible to me and it is NIV...(I know, I know) but if you go to Biblehub or any of those interlinears you can see it better possibly.

By no means, am I trying to convince anyone. This is just how I see it. (At least for now)

Peace to all,

Sheryl
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by sheraldo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RhodaRose

Is the Holy Spirit female? 2 years 5 months ago #12564

Hi Sheryl :)

Yes the new way of eating is going very well thank you.

This is only day 6, very early days.
There's still plenty of exploring to do, to find the foods that have the nutrients, that I'll actually eat...

Sources of protein... I had a wobble yesterday because I just don't like tofu...
I was counting on that as being a main source of protein.

But there's no turning back for me.
And there are plenty of other good sources to check out~ nuts, grains, beans and lentils.
So I know I'll be ok.

Overall it has been fantastic, getting a real love for fresh fruit and vegetables, so physically I feel great.

And spiritually, I just feel really good, at peace, getting a taste of Eden and the future, right here, right now... you know?

Yeah, that definitely sounds more correct to say masculine and feminine instead of male and female.

I think maybe you have nailed it... Man was created one, containing both masculine and feminine, then physically divided.
Though we both, male and female still have both masculine and feminine characteristics, just physically there is the big difference, since we are in physical bodies... And that's necessary for things to work on the physical earth...

But the two then become one, when married.

Now, maybe, it's more accurate to not think of The Holy Spirit as being a separate entity, but part of the same God?

But, you're saying that the Holy Spirit is predominantly feminine?

That's interesting what you say about Genesis 2:24.
I always thought that it was talking about all people after Adam and Eve, but perhaps not...
It can all be so confusing
Haha

Yes, again, the link you make with proverbs 8, helper, and Adam and Eve, is totally convincing.
It just makes sense.
Thank you.

Isn't the woman of Revelation 12:6 ,the same woman of Genesis 3:15?
Whose offspring bruises the serpents' head?

I actually find all of this exciting, that there is still so much to be revealed.

It's certainly very comforting to know that we have a Mother.

It's also a reasonable question to ask, why did Yehoshua only ever refer to His Father and never His Mother also.... Is it because He was talking to and about both of them? The 2 being 1, as in

Matthew 19:4-6

WEB

He answered, "Haven't you read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, [5] and said, 'For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall join to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh?' [6] So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, don't let man tear apart."

So they, our Father and Mother are one, and cannot be torn apart?

Add to this the references to Yehoshua having a bride... Also those similar references throughout Hosea....

So many questions...

I'll remember what you say about John and the qualities of Mother and wife, next time I listen to those chapters...
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Christophoros.

Is the Holy Spirit female? 2 years 4 months ago #12839

• RhodaRose
  • Thank you received: 71
Sheryl you nailed it and I have nothing more to add ....

well maybe a "few" words ;)

Christophoros wrote:
Now, maybe, it's more accurate to not think of The Holy Spirit as being a separate entity, but part of the same God?

Yes - but ... She is a separate person -as YAHshua is a separate person but both are still "part" of YHWH ....
(if you have an apple and cut it in thirds you have 3 "pieces"of the Whole and ALL are of the Same Thing and came from the Same "Place") They go back and enter into YHWH and when They "leave" they are STILL Part of Him but separated (cut apart - but of the Whole) !

But, you're saying that the Holy Spirit is predominantly feminine?

Oh, Yes! It is JUST as we were shown in YHWH's Word ... we are made in Their Image ... we are all ONE ... as Eve was removed from Adam - Mom leaves Abba Father (but they are Married so She is still Combined with Him) and as Eve had sons from Herself ... Mom, YHWH's Wife and Mother of His Children - Who are "removed" from Her- has YAHAshua Their 1st Born of Many ... YHWH's Holy Spirit is Birthing more and more each and every Day .... :)

Look at Nature and YHWH's Creation and you can See this :)

It's certainly very comforting to know that we have a Mother.

YHWH has Agape Love for us and Always has ... He would not leave us Mother-less (though some are who do not Know this Truth ...) :)

So they, our Father and Mother are one, and cannot be torn apart?

YES ! Married and can not be torn apart - but remember they are Free to separate and "do their own Things" but ALWAYS return to the Other ... same as YAHshua Returns to them and that We will return to them when our Mission here on earth is completed :laugh:

Add to this the references to Yehoshua having a bride... Also those similar references throughout Hosea....

Yes, YAHshua has a Bride and soon the Marriage and Supper will Arrive :cheer:

It's also a reasonable question to ask, why did Yehoshua only ever refer to His Father and never His Mother also.... Is it because He was talking to and about both of them? The 2 being 1

YAHshua refered to His Mother when He told us about YHWH's Holy Spirit Who is our Comforter and Teacher and She is Wisdom in Proverbs or PROVERbS :) (that "b" is used for bees that make Honey -but that teaching is for another time ...)

... and ... a little Know Truth is here:

I don't know how you are "seeing and hearing" these verses but I "Gleaned" out of them this:

John 19:
25 Now there stood by the cross of YAHshua His mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.
---end of story---

26 When (after previously "seeing" the others mentioned above - He Saw with Eyes of the Spirit ...) YAHshua therefore Saw His Mother, and the Disciple standing by, whom He Loved, He saith unto His Mother, Woman, behold Thy Son!

(I believe this "Woman" Word goes back to Eve)

Yahshua here is telling His Mother, YHWH's Holy Spirit, that John is NOW a Son and that He Trusts him as a Friend and Brother and part of His Family ...)

27 Then saith He to the Disciple, Behold Thy Mother! And from that hour that Disciple took Her unto his own Home.

YAHshua is introducing John to His Spirit Mother, YHWH's Holy Spirit, YAHshua passes His Mantle off to John (as Elijah did with Elisha) and John is instantly filled with His Holy Spirit "from that hour" and "took Her home and cared for Her - his Home being his body/within him ... :cheer:

YAHshua had many brothers and even sisters to take care of His earthy mother ... no need to believe what "man" has made of these verses - These Words of Yahshua - the Words of YHWH's Truth

28 After this, YAHshua Knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, saith, " I Thirst."

THIS was His last Act on earth ... besides getting His Thirst quenched ..... :)

Go and See where it is that these Acts fulfilled Scripture ...
This should clear up a lot of verses in "here a little and there a little" that you didn't have a place to fit them before ...

Blessings to you and yours,
Shalom, RhodaRose
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by RhodaRose. Reason: clarity

Is the Holy Spirit female? 2 years 4 months ago #12844

• Rodin
  • Thank you received: 128
Let me draw a picture

The Father ----The Son

They are ONE. Joined together. The Holy Spirit is in them/part of them and connects them both. And because the Holy Spirit connects them and is in them Both, the Father is in the Son, and the Son is in the Father.

Now His plan for His family :

The Father----The Son----You----Another Son/Daughter----Another Son/Daughter

To become ONE.

John 17:21
I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Rodin.

Is the Holy Spirit female? 2 years 4 months ago #12851

• RhodaRose
  • Thank you received: 71
YEP :) and His Holy Spirit IS MOM/Mother :kiss: The End ....
  • Page: