Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rewards? Matthew 5:19

Rewards? Matthew 5:19 2 years 6 months ago #13024

'Therefore, whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven'

This verse is talking about two types of people, those who do and those who don't keep the commandments. But what has struck me is that they are BOTH stated as being in the kingdom of heaven. Is this more about rewards than entrance? If so, that would suggest that christians who genuinely love Yahshua/Jesus but are still blinded by Pauline teaching are still saved??

In the Clementine Homilies, which I believe holds the genuine teaching of Peter, it says (chapter 7 but also see 6) 'Neither therefore are the Hebrews condemned on account of their ignorance of Jesus, by reason of Him who has concealed him, if, doing the things commanded by Moses, they do not hate Him who they do not know. Neither are those from among the Gentiles condemned, who know not Moses on account of Him who has concealed him, provided that these also , doing the things spoken by Jesus , do not hate him who they do not know'.

It goes onto say, and I was trembling with gratitude when I read this, 'Moreover, if anyone has been thought worthy to recognise both as preaching one doctrine, that man has been counted rich in God, understanding both the old things as new in time and the new things as old'. That's us!!

Perhaps we have been unnecessarily harsh on others who don't see it like we do? What does anyone else think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rewards? Matthew 5:19 2 years 6 months ago #13025

• RhodaRose
  • Thank you received: 71
Good Eye HHMH ;) :)

We are only held accountable "for what we know" ... BUT ...

you ask:
... they are BOTH stated as being in the kingdom of heaven. Is this more about rewards than entrance? If so, that would suggest that christians who genuinely love Yahshua/Jesus but are still blinded by Pauline teaching are still saved??

The verse you quoted shows the "least and the great" ...

- and, Yes, they are both In The Kingdom ... life in the flesh is an EXAMple of Life in His Kingdom ... and we see here that there are different classes of people ... as, too, in His Kingdom. If you "slip in doing your "least" FOR His Kingdom - you will be considered "least" or "poorest" ... If you Give Your ALL for His Kingdom - you will be considered "Great" or "Richest" .

- and, Yes, " christians who genuinely love Yahshua/Jesus but are still blinded by Pauline teaching are still saved ... "
- these are called the least and poorest ...
Plus, those who " don't Know His Name "; ... or call themselves "christians"/followers of s/p" ... Plus, other Important things that the "Great and Richest" took the Time, out of Love toward the Father, Son and Holy Spirit :kiss: to search out and ASK and Received the Answer for ...
Those who are Hungry for His Word/Bread ... and Dig Deep to Find His Hidden Treasures ...

BUT ... Be Aware of a few Requirements to BE SAVED - You MUST Be Born Again in the Spirit :kiss: and Be Filled with His Spirit :kiss: and Walk in His Spirit :kiss: and Have the Mind of Messiah and Bare Good Fruit ... to Name a few ... Plus -

John 4:
23 But the hour comes, and now is, when the True Worshippers shall Worship the Father In Spirit :kiss: and In Truth: for the Father Seeketh (Called ... AND Chosen) Such to Worship Him.
24 God is Spirit : and they that Worship Him must Worship Him In Spirit :kiss: and In Truth.

might as well add this one:

3 Hoshea answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be Born Again, he cannot See the Kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Hoshea answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be Born of water and of the Spirit :kiss: , he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is Born of the Spirit :kiss: Is Spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be Born Again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is Born of the Spirit :kiss: .

Matthew 9:
16 No man puts a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up takes from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runs out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Here are other verses for comparison you can " study - to show yourself approved " :

Matthew 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
Matthew 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
Mark 9:35 And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.
Mark 10:31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
Luke 13:30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

enJOY :-) Love, Rhoda

Rewards? Matthew 5:19 2 years 6 months ago #13026

• Rodin
  • Thank you received: 128
HeHoldsMyHand wrote:
'Therefore, whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven'

This verse is talking about two types of people, those who do and those who don't keep the commandments. But what has struck me is that they are BOTH stated as being in the kingdom of heaven. Is this more about rewards than entrance? If so, that would suggest that christians who genuinely love Yahshua/Jesus but are still blinded by Pauline teaching are still saved??

A few points about this :

1) Because people are called LEAST (by others) in the kingdom of heaven, does not necessarily mean that those who are called LEAST are always in the kingdom of heaven

2) Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
The kingdom of heaven is IN YOU - It does not say are called least in HEAVEN - so one must look carefully at the spiritual interpretation of this. It could mean either or both of course.

3) "Therefore, whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments " - could possibly also mean that the person relaxed the least of these comamndments, but kept greater ones, or on the other hand, did not keep any of them.

It is a very interesting observation nevertheless, thank you, HeHoldsMyHand.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Rodin.

Rewards? Matthew 5:19 2 years 6 months ago #13028

• Molly
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi All-

Consider Yahshua's words at Matt. 11:11:

"Truly I say to you people, Among those born of women there has not been raised up a greater than John the Baptist; but a person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is."

Molly

Rewards? Matthew 5:19 2 years 6 months ago #13039

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

I was reminded today of the conversation between Yahshua and the rich man. He asked how to get eternal life, and Yahshua said to keep the commandments.

Great! Job done, he's in!

But then Yahshua said, but if you want to be PERFECT, sell what you have and give to the poor. Which, of course, he didn't want to do. So this brings me back to my point about there being 'levels' (for want of a better word) in the Kingdom of Heaven. Those who keep the commandments are in (the least??), but Yahshua said to his disciples to be perfect, as the Father in heaven is perfect (the greatest??)

I think that those who strive to be 'perfect' will be rewarded with positions of rulership over the nations with Yahshua during the age to come, and 'normal' commandment keepers will be everyone else.

Any thoughts?

Rewards? Matthew 5:19 2 years 6 months ago #13043

• Molly
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi HeHoldsMyHand-

You wrote:

"I was reminded today of the conversation between Yahshua and the rich man. He asked how to get eternal life, and Yahshua said to keep the commandments.
Great! Job done, he's in!"

He's "in" where?

It certainly does not indicate that he became a participant of the kingdom of the heavens. For first century life would have meant a resurrection to life here on the earth. The kingdom of the heavens is reserved for those that will rule with Yahshua for the 1000 years. We can't all be chiefs. And, as I pointed out in Matt. 11:11, even John the Baptist was not included in the that group. Those that receive this privilege will first need to be called. Many are called but few are chosen, so not all will pass this hurdle. Then, finally they must prove faithful. This may mean that they will die. As we read in Rev. 17:14 that when Yahshua returns to fight the 10 horns and the wild beast that he will be accompanied by the "called and chosen and faithful." Rev. 2:10 says: "Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison that you may be fully put to the test, and that you may have tribulation ten days. Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life." These don't just get life, they get a crown along with it.

Getting life is one thing but to have a crown along with it is a whole different kettle of fish.

Molly
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Molly.
  • Page: