Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another form of testing - Bible translations

Another form of testing - Bible translations 2 years 7 months ago #12085

• Shaun
  • Thank you received: 82
While it's easy to bewail the multitude of Bible translations, most of them worse than useless because of their leaven, isn't this another form of testing? Just as Paul tests us with his enticements to sin, don't these modern translations ensure that his arguments are presented in as many different ways as possible, to ensure we are fully tested? For example if Paul's arguments in the KJV do not persuade a Messianic to sin, there's always the CJB with its whitewashing of Paul. And if this causes a Messianic to not recognise a false apostle, they have sinned by not 'being as wise as serpents' as Yeshua commanded in Matt 10:16.

The attack on our faith can take many forms, which is why we must always consider the source. It's too easy to absorb leaven without realising it, which may take years to discover and purge from our thinking.

Shaun
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Another form of testing - Bible translations 2 years 7 months ago #12086

• Mishayah
  • Thank you received: 104
Hi All

Shaun have you ever checked the differences between the Septuagint OT or LXX and the Masoretic text. I read an article the other day and I'll post the link that is very revealing. Jer in the LXX is 1/7 shorter than in the Masoretic. Okay, so what? Well, in the MT there are profound differences. Such as in the LXX there is no prophecy about th eternal throne of David nor is there any mention of an oath sworn to David that regardless of the wickedness of his descendants that they would be forever on the throne. Neither is the prophetic oath to Aaron and his sons to offer sacrifices forever.

In other words, in the LXX which is much older than than the MT Jer 33 has only 13 verses and in the MT it has 26. Everything from verse 14 on is an addition and of course a false prophecy. The DSS is far more in tune with the LXX than the MT.

What becomes quite apparent in the MT is that the Masorites also indicted as the lying the scribes sought to insure the eternal subjection of all peoples by the Jews and the MT is heavily sprinkled with Jewish supremacy whereas the LXX has no such theology attached to it.

Supremacy of the Greek Septuagint

Michael

Another form of testing - Bible translations 2 years 7 months ago #12087

• Shaun
  • Thank you received: 82
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the link, interesting site and excellent comparison of the LXX vs the Masoretic. Strange that the Masoretic was chosen for the KJV - no doubt tribal influence was brought to bear. There are many other good articles there as well, and I like the author's degree of focus. (Pity he's not on TS!)

You may recall some posts from me on other threads, about similar work by Roy Tov. The most recent one is here: http://www.truthseekers.co.za/forum/3-false-apostle-paul/8254-book-of-acts-is-a-satire-on-saul-paul?start=30#12040. For some reason nobody ever commented on Roy's articles, so I don't know if anyone here read them.

On the site you mention, there's another article titled "Did Jesus Eat Fish?". In the comments below the article, this caught my eye:

"written by Mike, June 18, 2011
Great article and well presented. It is to the astute, common knowledge that the Bible has many contradictions and forgeries that periodically were added to confirm man made doctrines. All original writings were lost in the Alexandrian Library fire in Egypt back in the 4th century, but not before the Catholic Church translated the original Koine Greek into Latin..."

"written by Mike, June 18, 2011
I forgot to add.... many believe it was a man from within the early RCC that set the Library alight on purpose to remove all evidence of the original manuscripts. History also tells us that they also destroyed all evidence of other original writings found outside the library and made orders for all such to be destroyed. Some were even killed for want of keeping copies of the originals."

Isn't that interesting?! It would explain how the gospels were edited to steer the church into Sunday worship, as discussed recently on a couple of threads here. No doubt copies of the edited manuscripts were then scattered far and wide, to fool everyone into believing that they were the originals.

Just in passing, while digging into this stuff I found a website which suggested that Matthew wrote the first gospel in Aramaic for the Jews in Jerusalem, followed by a second version in Greek for the Jews and Gentiles he was encountering in the diaspora. This was during the 50's AD. The reasoning seemed sound, but unfortunately I've been unable to re-discover the site.

Shaun
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Shaun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tagim

Another form of testing - Bible translations 2 years 7 months ago #12088

• Molly
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Shaun and Mishayah-

Once upon a time, long ago I was one of those that upheld the notion that all scripture was inspired by God. Now, not so much. First, as we all know, there are no Bibles that are free of error. Then, we heard about JEPD, which meant that there were a lot more people involved in the construction of the Bible than we were originally taught. Then, my reading of various non-canonical works and the DSS (primarily James), exposed that there was something seriously wrong with the Bible as is accepted today. This outside information makes it clear to me that many parts of the Bible as we now have it are fraudulent. More and more of it appears to me to be just plain horse-pucky.

Mishayah, I have been reading some of the articles from the site you listed and have found them to be very enlightening. They clearly show that there are serious problems with scriptures as we know them.

Molly
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Molly.

Another form of testing - Bible translations 2 years 7 months ago #12090

• charliemc
  • Thank you received: 91
Great Link Michael,

Thanks, I've booked marked this one and plan on going through all of it! :)

As most of you know, I believe that the original was written in Aramaic.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by charliemc.

Another form of testing - Bible translations 2 years 7 months ago #12091

• Mishayah
  • Thank you received: 104
Hi All

I've read many of the articles and I must say, they'll shake you up some, I'm not educated enough to debate this guy and I don't even know if I would want to, he makes very good cases for what he's saying.
The articles on Shechem and Jerusalem are disturbing, but like I say, he's done a very good job at proving his point.

But it looks to me like this at this point, there are two distinct pictures of YHVH presented in the bible, one He is quick to anger and full of wrath, demanding bloodto appease that wrath, and the other which appears in the prophets is the One that hates blood sacrifice and is kind compassionate and very slow to anger. Two sects one bloodless and the other very very bloody. So it' like we have the god of the jews and the God of Yahshua and they are not the same.
Michael