Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Pure in Heart

The Pure in Heart 3 years 1 month ago #11214

• Rodin
  • Thank you received: 128
Draw on a piece of paper - three hearts.

A. One - white / pure
B. One - half dark
C. One - dark

One starts his/her spiritual journey at B or C and needs to go to A.

Psalm 24:3-4
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Math 5:8
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

The pure in Heart are those who will climb His Holy Mountain. They are the ones who will see God.

We are advised to watch our hearts - that nothing impure grows in them,
Prov 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life
BBE Translation:
Prov 4:23
And keep watch over your heart with all care; so you will have life.

The things which accumulate in the heart and come out (via thought and ultimately deed - spoken or acted upon - defile a man). A man with a heart that is even partially unclean can defile the man, when those things come out.

Mat 15:18-20
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Feeling nasty feelings, jealousy, hatred, lust, vengeance, unrighteous anger etc? These are sitting in your heart and they need to come out if you want to see God.

These words of David are Words of Life.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 51:7
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow

The parable of the seed sower
Luke 8:11
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Who receives the Word of God and produces a crop?

Luke 8:15
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Only with a good heart can one have the qualities necessary for eternal life.

We need to be willing and working to have righteous pure hearts. Recognize the impurity in our hearts and and ask of the Lord to clean our hearts. Yes the fires of purging clean many hearts. Understand that trials we face are to clean our hearts, to make us pure. We like David are to recognize that unclean hearts are what causes us to be defiled. If we want to see God we need pure hearts.

What is the reward?
Isaiah 32:17
And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever.

A Pure heart will know His true peace :

John 14:17
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

A pure heart will know perfect love:

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. So the one who fears has not reached perfection in love.

And a pure heart, ready and waiting, will be part of His Bride.

Rev 19:8
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Rodin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.