Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Communion - Not Only What But When

Communion - Not Only What But When 5 years 6 months ago #5159

• Shaun
  • Thank you received: 82
At His last Passover seder, Yeshua said \"Do this in remembrance of Me\" (Matt 26:26-28). And so every Sunday, up to a billion or more Christians eat a morsel of bread and sip from the cup.

But when Yeshua said \"do this\", He was not merely telling us what to do, but also when. And the 'when' is once a year on the First Day of Unleavened Bread or Matzah 1.

Now in no way am I a fan of Paul, nor do I advocate reading his epistles. However I believe that as a service to us, the Holy Spirit guided parts of what he wrote. This morning I saw this with new eyes:

\"Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgement to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep\" (1 Cor 11:27-30).

It seems to me that if we don't practice communion the way Yeshua instructed, then we are doing it in an unworthy manner. And that certainly includes doing it every week on Sunday, which is neither a holy nor blessed day (Gen 2:3).

Does is matter? I believe very much so! If we look around the churches today, we see a great deal of 'judgement, weakness, sickness, and death', exactly as Paul stated. The ironic thing is that churchgoers believe that weekly communion protects them from such things.

Yet another example of Paul warning us clearly against lawlessness, while elsewhere leading us to do the very thing he said would be harmful!

Shaun
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Shaun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Communion - not only what but when 5 years 6 months ago #5160

Why give credence to anything a liar says?

Re:Communion - Not Only What But When 5 years 6 months ago #5161

• Mishayah
  • Thank you received: 104
Hi All

You know Shaun, I've looked at this past few weeks differently also.
The context of what Yahshua is saying is all about the New Covenant, so isn't the wine/blood/Life, the unleavened bread/truth a ratification of the Covenant?
Even as when Israel swore the oath of the Covenant, it seems that this is what is actually being shown here in what the Christians have called or labeled 'Communion.'

It would seem from this context as from above, that when Christians are taking communion that they are doing it in complete ignorance of what Yahshua was portraying here. They are in ignorance swearing an oath to keep the New Covenant which is the Torah/Law written upon the heart and the mind. Which is for the Christian a complete anathema.

Michael

Re:Communion - Not Only What But When 5 years 6 months ago #5163

• Molly
  • Thank you received: 39
Shaun wrote:
\"Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgement to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep\" (1 Cor 11:27-30).
Shaun

Hi Shaun-

I'd like to know what constitutes an unworthy manner. I think that this is just more of Paul's jibberish to confuse the people so that they will avoid observing the Passover. We are to do this in remembrance of Yahshua and we show we love him and the Father by doing so. So, it's not an option; we are commanded to observe it.

I doubt anyone is actually 'worthy.'

Molly

Molly

Re:Communion - Not Only What But When 5 years 6 months ago #5164

Google GISH GALLOP

And you will that see Paul was the first known in history for perfecting this technique of dialogue debate.

Re:Communion - Not Only What But When 5 years 6 months ago #5165

• Molly
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Stephen1969-

I had never heard of that before, but I've sure met a lot of people that use that technique.

Molly