Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 'Gospel of Jesus's Wife'

'Gospel of Jesus's Wife' 2 years 4 months ago #12712

• Lee
  • Thank you received: 19
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Gospel of Jesus's Wife' 2 years 4 months ago #12717

• charliemc
  • Thank you received: 91
Interesting. I have wondered about this myself as it was the custom for all Jewish men to be married. Was it Mary Magdalene or not is a different subject.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by charliemc.

'Gospel of Jesus's Wife' 2 years 4 months ago #12718

• Rodin
  • Thank you received: 128
I see this as man making God in their own image.

The marriage supper of the Lamb only takes place in the near future. There was absolutely no reason for Yeshua to marry anyone while here on earth. One of His purposes was to gather a Bride to Himself without spot or blemish. Those who are getting themselves ready will know what I am talking about.

'Gospel of Jesus's Wife' 2 years 4 months ago #12719

• Cornelius
  • Thank you received: 21
Rodin wrote:
There was absolutely no reason for Yeshua to marry anyone while here on earth.

I agree Rodin. Furthermore, Isaiah 53 v 8a states:
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?

...suggesting He had no offspring at the time. In "those days" people married early on in their lives since life spans weren't great, and if Yahushua was married, it would have happened in His missing years before His ministry. Surely if He was married, he would've had children... and there is NO PROOF of that being the case.

conraD

'Gospel of Jesus's Wife' 2 years 4 months ago #12720

• Lee
  • Thank you received: 19
Despite what the opening paragraph says..... "New research on the papyrus' ink points to the possibility that it is authentic," the article makes a more convincing argument that it fake,......"However over the past year many scholars have come to the conclusion that the papyrus is a modern-day forgery,"...... www.livescience.com/45328-gospel-of-jesus-wife-may-be-fake.html .....even if the ink is proven to be different, there are still problems.

'Gospel of Jesus's Wife' 2 years 4 months ago #12749

• charliemc
  • Thank you received: 91
The Essenes — the desert monastic cult that is mentioned along with the Sadducees and Pharisees of Jesus’ time — were celibate and are therefore outside any Jewish norm. Christians can help Jews understand that their focus is actually on the Christ and not the human Jesus, the Judean for whom marriage would have been the norm. Christians might feel ambivalent about giving up their Jewish roots, but for the sake of honest dialogue it is important to explain that the risen Christ is their salvation and the human Jesus while mysteriously linked to the Messiah/Christ can’t be married according to later doctrine!

www.patheos.com/blogs/tonyjones/2012/09/...re-jesus-had-a-wife/

I have to disagree with one comment made above and that is, "but for the sake of honest dialogue it is important to explain that the risen Christ is their salvation". The reason being is in Isaiah 53:5 we read,
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
This says to me that it is in His blood that we are healed.